you're reading...
Mind, Science Fiction, Strange

Wait … Did C3PO Always Have Silver Leg?

3po_floatIn the original Star Wars did C3PO have a silver leg? He did now.

If you have the bandwidth to do try this on, consider that what you are experiencing as “your life” might be a simulation, perhaps created by the quantum computer offspring of artificial intelligences which humans created in the past … before humans went extinct.

The idea is that something called “the singularity” happened, super robots took over the earth and for one reason or another, we are now living in their game.

Excuse the swearing in this video, but it pretty much captures the incredulity many feel about what seems to be a significant factual change:

If that is the case, if this were a simulation, we’d expect seemingly impossible things to happen with surprising frequency. For example, against astronomical odds, the same person might be struck by lighting 7 times and meteorites might hit the same house of a man in Bosnia six times across several years.

We might also expect glitches in the the matrix, things in our collective memories that do not match up with current reality. Here’s a great one: In this timeline we are in now, C3PO always had a silver leg.

Anthony Daniels (the man who played C3PO) explained this. The silver leg was very reflective, so it reflected his other gold leg and the sand on Tatooine. It was so unnoticeable that the stills photographer didn’t even notice it until a view days in taking pictures.

see USA today.

This does not fit our collective memory. We remember C3PO in Star Wars as having two gold legs.

c3po-silver-legOf course, you can believe that the silver leg was just subtle, that it reflected gold things like the other leg and the sand, so we just never noticed, but a more fun and intriguing explanation is that changes to the universe simulation we are living in now are not instantaneous. There is an overlap time when we recall the universe before it split, but our memories will be updated and then everyone will know C3PO always had a silver leg.

Ever feel you branched into a wrong line? I sure do. My fiancé did not die and C3PO never had a silver leg.

In fact, this just hit me: I recall my fiancé about 6 months before she died actually telling me she met someone who guided her and others through a quantum shift into another universe.

I thought it was just more fun harmless crazy “Woo” at the time and I warned her that the other universe might not be better. Now, years later, I just remembered that conversation with a strong “Whoa.” feeling.

If this is a simulation, we may all be manifestations of the same person. That would mean all love is self-love and all hate is self-hate. It could be the answer to all questions, that all is one and one is all. E. pluribus unum. One of many, and of many, we are one.

So… Where is the door? Why not just quantum shift into a better universe? Because it might be a worse one, and because you don’t know what happens to the universe you leave. I’ll stay put or now.

It’s rightly mind-blowing. If I set my intent to fully believe another reality, could I wake up tomorrow and find that both of C3PO’s legs have always been gold? Will other things be back to normal? What else is completely wrong in this reality? I’m sure you can think of a few things.

If you want to quantum shift into a new universe, it might be as easy as willing it to be so, so be careful. Is the grass greener? Is the leg golden-er?

PS. I dug out some VHS tape of “Star Wars, A New Hope“, the first one released in 1977. C3PO did have the silver leg, it seems.

TrueStrange.com

About Xeno

E pluribus unum.

Discussion

12 thoughts on “Wait … Did C3PO Always Have Silver Leg?

1. I NEVER KNEW THIS!!

Posted by Lucy Brazier | 5 Sep 2017, 11:28 pm
  2. I saw the original star wars three times at the theater back 1976. And i was 11 i went star wars crazy and bought starwars toys and magizines and books. E P O never ever ever had a silver leg. We al died from fukishima back in 2012 the scientists did something to time and space ? God knows if well ….there is God

Posted by Adam Wilson | 23 May 2018, 4:25 pm
    • I thought so. Yup. Or the simulation was re-set by God because in the two gold leg universe we didn’t make it. Those recurrent dreams I had of the A-bombs going off … that might actually be a real past failed simulation we were in previously rather than just the brain experiencing pretend scenarios during long term memory consolidation…

Posted by Xeno | 23 May 2018, 5:04 pm
  3. ITS C3P0 not CP30 you bloody moron. Research skills = 0 Accuracy = 0

Posted by Nevamynde | 29 Jul 2018, 12:40 pm
    • Not in my timeline, Neva. 😉 I know. It was another embedded joke about the universe forking. Okay, fine. If you didn’t get it, I guess many others didn’t as well. I’ve changed CP30 to C3PO in the title and article. Thanks for taking the time to create an account so you could leave an insult. It’s sometimes a curse to have an obscure sense of humor. Yes, I agree that people may believe in this theory mostly because they didn’t pay attention or because they were tricked by memory in some way. It’s just some fun.

Posted by Xeno | 29 Jul 2018, 8:29 pm
  4. I always remember the silver leg. I don’t think the original Kenner toy had it though.

Posted by J | 22 Sep 2018, 8:31 pm
    • No I didnt.. I think that’s what people are remembering..that and cartoon/ comics/ drawings on merchandise. He was all gold in kenner versions due to the process of they used to “plate” the figure gold.. it would have added a whole neither step, time, and cost affectivly would not make sence to make one silver… but yep.. ALWAYS BEEN THERE.

Posted by Anonymous | 23 Apr 2019, 11:25 pm
  5. I’ve seen all the Star Wars movies and watched the original dozens if not hundreds of times (hey, I’m 57 so I’ve had time!). Never have I noticed a silver leg. Never. Daniels explanation doesn’t cover all the toys and cartoons. They would be extremely noticeable…no shiny reflections there.

Posted by tso | 14 Apr 2019, 10:20 am
    • And remember when we first saw an all silver C3PO model in one of the scenes? It really stood out. So I think we would have noticed the leg… hmmm.

Posted by Xeno | 14 Apr 2019, 10:23 am
      • God …get a life..you nerds are ridiculous.. I am a huge star wars fan..member of 501s..toy collector..etc.. just because you didnt notice doesn’t mean it’s a mass conspiracy…seriously listen to yourselves..a CONSPIRACY to change the color or half his leg?!?! Why would anyone waste time changing that. Think about other REAL conspiracies… jesus.. he ALWAYS had a silver leg. Since 1977…

Posted by Anonymous | 23 Apr 2019, 11:20 pm
      • Lol. William Shatner “Get a life” skit on SNL. Only real nerds will understand. Thanks Someone.

Posted by Xeno | 23 Apr 2019, 11:22 pm