When it comes to looking after your double glazing, there are a few tips that can help you keep it in tip top condition.
- Glass can be easily scratched so before cleaning your windows be sure to remove any jewellery.
- Window cleaners are best applied using a soft microfibre cloth. If the cleaner isn’t effective on heavier external dirt, warm water and washing up liquid should do the trick.
- Glass that is laminated or in a Georgian style with bars can be cleaned in the same way.
If you scratch your glass, many scratches can be removed using a rubbing compound. To find out more about Double Glazing Bridgwater, visit a site like https://choicetradeframes.co.uk/upvc-windows-doors/bridgwater/
UPVC frame cleaning
- Never use a solvent-based cleaner or one that’s in any way abrasive on your UPVC frames.
- All you need is warm soapy water to wipe down and remove any grime build-up.
- If any marks are particularly stubborn, a cleaner can be used if it is non-abrasive.
- Again, no solvent or abrasive cleaners should be applied.
- Any roofing parts, rafters or UPVC components should use the same cleaning rules as UPVC frames.
- To avoid any potential risk of water pooling or overflowing, clear any guttering of leaves and debris.
- Brass components have been pre-treated with a protective layer of lacquer.
- Normal use can cause the lacquer to peel or tarnish. Any chemicals you use on brass should be kept away from the UPVC.